Saturday 12 May 2012

50th Birthday card

Sssh, I've just made this easel card for my sister!  I'm giving it to her tomorrow, so it's a good job she doesn't read my blog.  I just hope she sees the funny side as she always sends me humerous and unflattering card.

I drew a few ballons and pressies to add the digi stamp (Stella) and put the text in a speech bubble. I then printed off the whole image a few times and coloured with promarkers, flexmarkers and copics, then cut out certain areas and layered up.  To finish off the image I added glossy accents to her specs and a splash of glitter.  To add a pretty touch I cut out some flowers, leaves, a swirl and a butterfly.




I loved making this.

Digistamp: Stella Firemen Calling image/sentiment from Bugaboo Stamps (I changed the sentiment and drew my  own balloons and gifts)
Papers & cardstock: Papermania CS and Fizzymoon
Promarkers & Flexmarkers: Aquamarine, Surf Blue, Sky Blue, Pink Pearl, Wild Orchid, Amethyst, Lilic, Saffon, Caramel, Satin, Canary, Pumpkin, Blue Grey
Copics: E21, E11, E95, E35
Flowers: Swirl (LR0162) - Marrianne
Butterfly:Small Exotic Butterfly die - Cherry Lynn Designs
Swirl: Fanciful Flourish die - Cheery Lynn Designs
Disressed Inks: Tumbled Glass, Dusty Concord
Spellbinder: Labels 4 die
To finish off I added a touch of glitter and some glossy accents

Hope you like it and thanks for visiting.

Janine X

3 comments:

coops said...

hehe this is brilliant janine.i love the fun image and great colours and sentiment.
you could enter your card into this weeks passion for promakers challenge.

xx coops xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Janine, what a gorgeous card. I love the fun image and your colouring is perfect. Great layout and colour scheme. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love this funny birthday card!...Amazing! GREAT JOB! ...
50th birthday card