Saturday 22 June 2013

A Hint Of Summer

Well it's been a busy month for cards.  Here's another one I made, this time for my mum's birthday.

I decided to make it a summery colour, as her birthday is on the 1st day of summer (21st June). She loves flowers so I tried to find a layout that would incorporate at least one.  Then I spotted a card on Pinterest called 'Kindness' which I loved, it just looks so pretty.  Here's the link to her blog so you can check out my inspiration and how to create the layout - http://lindaduke.typepad.com/lindas_works_of_heart/2011/06/6-6-11-mojo-monday-draft.html  The cards on her blog are amazing, she's such a talented lady (Linda Duke). I tried to contacted her to ask permission to use her layout but I've had no reply, so I've made sure I've credited her. On my card the flower and buds were all handmade using dies, coloured with distressing ink; and then the pearls were recoloured using a copic pen to tie in with the colour scheme.

Oh BTW...I love, love Pinterest and I can quite happily spend hours looking at pretty things particularly crafting stuff.  Plus I have 4 boards on there myself - click on the Pinterest link on the left hand side to have a peek (you don't have to register or anything).

Here's my offering:
Here's what I used:
Paper/cardstock: First Edition 'Blank Canvas', Cream Parchment card, Green CS
Dies: Sizzix Tattered Florals, Cheery Lynn Designs Flourish B117, Britannia 'Medium Rose Die'
Distressed Ink: Spiced Marmalade
Other: Pearls, Seed Beads, Copic Pen, Computer Generated Sentiment

Thanks for a dropping by, I hope you like it.

Janine X

4 comments:

Ali said...

Hi Janine, what a great card the layout and flower are gorgeous. Back now from my little jollies so if you fancy meeting up again just let me know xxx Take care hun xxxx

Laney said...

WOW! Janine this is absolutely gorgeous!!!
hugs
laney

An Occasional Genius said...

Hi Janine, this is an absolutely beautiful card, I love it. x

coops said...

oh wow this is so stunning Janine.really gorgeous design and I love your flower :D

xx coops xx