Thursday 17 October 2013

'The Sugar Bowl November Challenge - 109

Her's my DT card for The Sugar Bowl monthly challenge. The theme this month is Using Your 1st Sugar Nellie Stamp.

I thought I would try something a little different this month, so I decided to make a shaker card because I haven't made one of these for years. I hand cut everything myself including the base card which was die cut using a Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Circle Nestie. The patterned halo in the centre and acetate circle was cut out using my circle scissor, and all the flowers were die cut.  The little cutie holding that poor frog was stamped 3 times, coloured with Copics, cut out and layered up. The glitter is a mixture of green and gold to tie in with the colours used..





Here's everything I used:

Rubber Stamp: Sugar Nellie 'Shaken Not KIssed' by Diane Duda
Cardstock: First Edition 'Hideway' 
Copics: Face - E0000, E000, E00, E02, R20, R30 / Hair - YR0000, YR00, YR02, E35, E37, E99 / Dress & Shoes - R000, R00, YR00, R11, R02, R22, R37 / Crowns & Tights - Y000, Y02, YO8, Y17 / Tights & Frog - YG00, YG03, YG09, YG17
Die: Small and Large Britannia Rose Multi Flower, Marianne Designs Swirly Rose,Cheery Lyn Designs 'Fanciful Flourish'
Other: Circle Scissors, Martha Stewart 'Leaf' Punch, Pearls, Glitter, Acetate, Foam Tape, Pan Pastels 'Bright Yellow Green' and 'Phthalo Green', Pink Chalk

So don't forget to drop by at The Sugar Bowl and have a look at what the rest of my fabulous DT sweeites have created to inspire you, and why not join in with this month's challenge while you're there. It's open to everyone, and the theme is 'Use Your 1st Sugar Nellie Stamp' so  come on give it a go. You can create anything you like but it MUST as the theme suggests include a SUGAR NELLIE STAMP (either rubber or digi) otherwise it will be removed (sorry!).  

Have fun, and I look forward to seeing your creations on my return.

Hugs

Janine x

2 comments:

coops said...

so stunning Janine.fabulous shape and image and I love your colours and details :D

xx coops xx

Ali said...

Wow!!! that is amazing I love how you have seperated his crown it really makes a difference and love the idea of making a shaker card with gorgeous flowers too think they may have to go on my xmas list ;-) xxx