Sunday 26 January 2014

Aurora Wings Competition

Evening everyone

I just thought I 'd share with you a new card I've just finished.  I found this wonderful artist through Digi Galore one of the group I follow on Facebook.  The artist is Mitzi Sato-Wiuff aka Aurora Wings.  her drawing are stunningly beautiful, she is so talented.  You can buy her line drawings on Etsy - here's the link. This will take you to her blog and has links to her shop and facebook page.

I recently bought 2 for her drawings and this is one I'm entry into her Competition which is closing in the morning 4.49am UK time.  She's called Gardenia - isn't she gorgeous...and yes she is supposed to be upside down :) 

 
 
It's an 8 x 8 card which I tried to keep CAS, so mainly I matted and layered a few sheets of card and paper. I wanted to particularly concentrate on colouring Mitzi's image, the one parts that are raised up are 2 of the gardenia's to add a little bit of depth. To finish I glittered all the pearls and added some of my handmade flowers.  I didn't want to overpower the page and so I tried to keep the colour scheme simple.  Sorry about the quality of the close up photo, I've left it as is because if I brighten it (as in the top picture) you can't see the glitter on the pearls - and there's a lot of glitter because there's lot of pearls :)

Edit: I was asked more about the flowers on the card, so here's more information.  The biggest flower is actually 2 diecuts placed on top of each other, and they are from a paper pad kit from Craftwork Cards which includes beautiful thick papers, lots of different die cut flowers and Candi. The smaller ones are made by myself using the small and large metal Britannia Multi Rose dies, the branches are also die cut using Tattered Lace Embelishment set. The flowers were cut out and shaped....simple.

Here's What I Used
Digital Stamp:  Gardenia - Aurora Wings
Paper/Cardstock: Craftwork Cards 'Paper Floristry Sherbet'

Copics/Promarkers: Skin - E0000, E000, E00, E11, R20, R22 / Hair - YR0000, YR000, YR00, E13, E25, E99, Terracotta (PM) / Gardenia - YR0000, YR02, Blush (PM) / R81, R85, 00 / Leaves & Pearls - BG10, BG13, BG15, BG49
Dies: Tonic Layering Circle and Square Dies, Small and Large 'Multi Rose' Dies, Tattered Lace 'Embellishment' Dies.
Other: TH Distressing Ink - Tumbled glass, Pan Pastels (Turquoise, Orange, Phthalo Green), White Pen, Brown Fineliner, Glitter, Stencil, Craftwork Cards Die Flowers
 
I hope you like it, and wish me luck.

Hugs

x Janine x

.

4 comments:

Fiona said...

wow...stunning Janine...must check out the digis!!

Fi
x

Ali said...

Gorgeous!!!

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous, beautiful image and pretty colours.
luv
Debby

coops said...

oh wow so stunning Janine.the image is really beautiful and I love your fabulous colouring and pretty design :D

xx coops xx