Saturday 11 January 2014

Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Girly No Pink

Well here's my first card of 2014 for Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - the challenge this week is 'Girly No Pink' and MUST include a stamped element.  I have included the frame I made to go with it. Both were made for my daughter's 25th birthday as she's a bit of a hippy. She turned 'hippy' after going to see 'Hair' at the theatre a few years ago. I loved making the frame, it was so satisfying and it looks so cute. I think I'll definitely be making more.

I struggle with layouts, so I hope I haven't made this too fussy as the papers are so pretty. Isn't she gorgeous, I coloured her with my copics and she was such a dream to colour in. Her background was stamped with flowers and different coloured pan pastels where used to give a pretty psychedelic look. I mounted this onto a punched border mat and, added my handmade flowers, gems and ribbon. The peace sign was cut using my Cricut.


 We hold a weekly challenge with a fantastic prize plus a monthly prize draw for

everyone who enters a card/project throughout the month. 


Here's what I used:
Digi Stamp: Saturated Canary 'Hippy Love'
Stamps: Candi Stamps, My Minds Eye 'The Sweetest Thing' both were magazine freebies
Cardstock: First Edition 'New Bloom', Purple CS, Turquiose CS, Cream CS
Dies: Britannia Small and medium 'Multi Flower Rose', Marianne Designs 'Swirl Rose -  LR0162', Cheery Lyn Designs 'Fanicul Flourish B117'
Copics (C), Pro (PM) & Flexmarkes (FM): Skin (All C) - E0000 , E000, E00 , E11, R30, R20 / Hair (All C) - YR000, YR00, E13, E15, E99 / Skirt & Boots - Ivory (PM), Sandstone (PM), Lemon Chiffon (FM), E81 (C), Flowers/Skirt/Tights (All C) - BG10, BG13, BG23 / Leaves (All C) - YG95, Blender / TShirt & Skirt (All C) - V000, V01, V04
Punch: Martha Stewart 'Branch', Xcut Border Die (no name)
Other: Cricut Machine & 'Groovy Times' Cartridge, Glitter, Gems, Pearls, Pan Pastel )Permanent Red Tint, Permanent red, Turquoise, Bright Yellow Green), Purple Chalk, Computer Generated Peace Definition, Serif CraftArtist2, 6" x 6" Deep Box Frame, Robbin

So why not drop by Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog and check out what my fabulous Design Teamies have made to inspire you, and while you're there why not enter your card or project into the challenge. This week's sponsor and prize of a £10 voucher is from Cuddly Buddly and the monthly draw sponsor prize is a £10 voucher from The Ribbon Girl.

I look forward to seeing what you create.

Hugs

Janine x

6 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous and such pretty colours.
luv
Debby

Janice said...

Brilliant in every way! Love the hippy-chick, your gorgeous handmade flowers and your lovely colour choices - bet your daughter did too, Jx

Ali said...

Stunning!!! Bet she loved them xxx

Chris said...

Wow! Card and frame are both stunning! The papers and colours are beautiful and I love how you've coloured the image! Lucky daughter!
Chris
x

coops said...

wow these are gorgeous Janine.stunning pretty papers and details and I love the sweet sc image :D

xx coops xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Utterly stunning Janine! Love both creations and the Peace quote is fab! Love the image and your colouring is awesome! Hugs, Wends x