Saturday 11 January 2014

Totally Gorjuss Challenge 218 - Manly

Hi there, well here I am again with this week'd DT card for Totally Gorjuss The theme this week is a bit more challenging it's ANYTHING GOES -  MANLY.  I know, I know....we all struggle with any kind of card for the men or man in our lives, and I'm no exception.  When I saw the theme I gave a huge sign of relieve as I'd only recently made this card for my hubbie's 50th birthday.  He loved it!  I was originally inspired by a card I saw by Jen Nelson here.  The actual concept is a really easy one, but I think it's the additional of colour that gives it a bit of umph.


The card is an 8 x 8 and with the red and blue mats it's probably reduced to a 7 x 7" card. The base layout was created in CraftArtist2 so I could lay out the square evenly. I created squiggly line boxes to give an informal look and inserted the Bugaboo digi images inside each one, and then typed in the tag line and printed it off. 
The same digi images were then printed out 2/3 times and then coloured with Copics. The coloured pieces were then cut out and layered up as I wanted to give it a 3D feel. The whole thing worked out much better than I anticipated, and I have to admit cutting out some of the element was really fiddly and took me ages. I decided matted and layer up the centre square as that was the main sentiment. Overall the card was a bit pricey....but hey it's personal to my DH and he's worth it.
Here's what I used.
Digi Stamps: Bugaboo Stamps
Paper/Card: White Neenah, Blue and Red CS
Copics: E000, E00, E11, E35, B0000, B00, B02, Y15, R17, R17, R30, R45, R59
Other: CraftArtist2, Pinflair Glue Gel

So why not come along and visit our blog at Totally Gorjuss and check out what my team buddies have made to inspire you. While you're there don't forget to enter your card/project into our weekly challenge - remember it's ANYTHING GOES - MANLY. There's a prize up for grabs and this week's sponsors is Crafters Companion.

As always I'm looking forward to seeing what you make.

Janine x

5 comments:

Janice said...

What a fab use of the many Bugaboo's out there - I adore this card and may just have to try something similar if that's ok with you? Jx

Ali said...

Brilliant!!! It looks fantastic - you are very patient with all the layering and colouring!!

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

No Ali, just crazy!!! But he loved it. :) x

dragonllew said...

I love this card such a fab idea to use so many similar images on one card and a belated Happy New Year to you.
Jenny x

coops said...

stunning male card Janine.the bugaboo image is fantastic :D

xx coops xx