Saturday 25 January 2014

Totally Gorjuss Challenge - 220 - Furtastic

Hi there, well here I am again with this week's DT card for Totally Gorjuss The theme this week is ANYTHING GOES -  FURTASTIC.  So think furry things, hairy things, pets and so on.



Really easy CAS card this week but fun to make.  I die cut a brown scallop square, a plain square in gingham paper (did I hear you say yee haw!!) and another using the 'friend' word die. Can I say I love, love, love these Die-namic Blueprint dies, they're so useful.  Anyway back to business......I stamped my little doggie onto water colour card and coloured him using my distressing ink pens. This is a really old wooden block stamp that I've had for years - but I love him he's so cute. To add a little dimension I stamped his nose and mouth twice, coloured, then cut out them out and layered them up.  Pencils were used to give a little more depth to his face and body. Everything was added to the card base and to finish off I added a little glossy accent to his nose and dog tag.
 
Here's what I used.
Stamps: Whipper Snapper 'Good New Puppy', Personal Impressions 'Paw Prints'
Paper/Cardstock (CS): Kraft CS, Papermania Brown CS, Gingham Paper (Magazine freebie)
Distressing Ink Pens: Wild honey, Spiced Marmalade, Pumice Stone, Black Soot, Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Barn Door, Fired Brick  
Other: Prisma Pencils, Lyra Polycolour Pencils, Derwent Coloursoft Pencils, Glossy Accents, Pan Pastel - Turquoise Tint.

So why not come along and visit our blog at Totally Gorjuss and check out what my team buddies have made to inspire you. While you're there don't forget to enter your card/project into our weekly challenge - remember it's ANYTHING GOES - Furtastic. There's a prize up for grabs and this week's sponsors is LOTV (Lili Of the Valley).
I can't wait to visit you and see what you make.
 
Have a furtastic day.
 
Janine x

5 comments:

An Occasional Genius said...

Love it & I will say Yee Haw lol! xx

Kat W said...

A fabulous fun card and a beautiful CAS design. And now I have another die to add to my wish list - that 'friend' die is gorgeous!
Hugs, Kat x

Ali said...

CAS yet really striking - love it xx

coops said...

stunning male card janine.fabulous image and i love your design and papers :D

xx coops xx

dragonllew said...

Such a cute card love that dog and the frame is fab
Jenny x