Thursday 24 April 2014

Sugar Bowl Challenge 115 - April Showers

Well can you believe it we're almost at the end of April already - it was my birthday yesterday and yes I'm officially an old woman.  But to soften the blow my hubbie's taken me away to York for a few days to do a little retail therapy ;-) 

So to ease you from April into May here's my card for The Sugar Bowl. The theme this month is April Showers Bring May Flowers.

Why not join in with us and make a card/project.  Don't forget your project MUST include a Sugar Nellie stamp or digi stamp - both are available from Funkykits or the Etsy  shop.  If you're not sure if the stamp you wish use IS a Sugar Nellie stamp or not, you can either sent me a message with it's name/picture or visit the Sugar Bowl website and send an email to Sugar Mama using the link there.

So here's my card for you:

 
 
Here's What I Did
I die cut a fold pieces of card to make my scalloped base case, then die cut another piece of the same card and added it to the front. I die cut 3 circles in coloured CS which I matted and layered.  I then stamped my image onto Neenah CS and coloured her in with Copics and cut her out. I die cut another circle and put my image temporarily in place and drew the raindrops and puddle around her. She was removed and I coloured everything in and added a little glitter.  To finish off I glued the little girl image and the duck in place and added the 3 banner strips to the side.

Here's everything I used:
Stamp:  Little Ducky' Sugar Nellie rubber stamp from Funkykits
Paper/Cardstock (CS): White Neenah, Yellow and Blue CS, Molly Bloom Paper 'Birthday' kit
Copics: Skin - E0000, E000, E00, E11, R30 / Hair - E02, E33, E37 / Dress & Puddle - B0000,  B00, B05, B021 / Armbands & Duck - Y02, Y11, Y35, Y38  
Dies: Tonic Layering Die 'Circle', Spellbinders 'Grand Scallop Circles', Sizzix 'Banner #2'
Other: 'Tumbled Glass' Distressing Ink, Glitter, Copic Fineliner, Serif CraftArtist2, Glossy Accents
 
So don't forget to drop by at The Sugar Bowl and have a look at what the rest of my fabulous DT sweeties have created to inspire you; and why not join in with this month's challenge while you're there. It's open to everyone, and the theme is April Showers Bring May Flowers so come on give it a go. 

If you want to be in with a chance of being in our Top 3 or even a Guest Designer then please remember to use a Sugar Nellie stamp.

Have fun, and I look forward to seeing your creations on my return.

Hugs

Janine x

2 comments:

Ali said...

HOpe you are spending all of Mr Q's money!!! love this how you have coloured her is gorgeous xxx

Sandra H said...

Wow this is such a pretty card and gorgeous image x