Saturday 19 April 2014

Sweet Stampin' - Lots Of Layers

It's Sweet Stampin' time again.  

I hope you're all enjoy the beautiful spring weather here in the UK. It's so nice to see some sunshine instead of fog and clouds.  Anyhoo, back to Sweet Stampin' - our theme this week is Lots Of Layers.  Well I don't do layers very well, so I decided to create a tag for you using my new Prima Doll.  I bought this and another PD stamp a few months but never seemed to got around to using them.  But can I say this stamp is HUGE, I had to use my Cuttlebug B place as my acrylic block so I could stamp her out.  I have to say I totally enjoyed making this.  


Here's What I did
Using this gorgeous paper as inspiration I decided to go with a lilac colourway. Unfortunately my ribbon appears blue in the photo -- I actually took 20 photos of this tag and it still looked blue.  I made my own large tag and added my paper, then stamped my sentiment onto it. At the bottom I glued a punched out border and topped it with ribbon. paper pieced her dress, The flowers, leaves and branches were die and glued into place. The dolls clothes were paper pieced and layering it up. To add a bit of interest I drew a design on the dress/hairband with glue and added some glitter. To finish off I placed my die cut clouds and punched out butterflies around the tag. I did use Copic pens to create her hair, and to add shade to the skins and dress.

Here's what I Used:
Stamp: Prima Doll #910143, Little Darlings 'Large Words'
Cardstock (CS)/Paper: White, Cream & Lilac CS, DoCrafts 'Bellsimo' Paper Pack
Copics:  Skins - E000, E00, E11 / Dress & Shoes - V12, V15, V04 / Hair - E50, E51, E53
DiesBritannia Multi Rose, Tattered lace 'Embellishment', Joy! Crafts 'Clouds', Die'sire 'Leaf 1'
Punch: Butterfly Mini Punch, Martha Stewart Border
Other: Glitter, Candi, Gems 

We hold a weekly challenge with a fantastic prize plus a monthly prize draw for everyone who enters a card/project throughout the month. 

So why not drop by Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog and check out what my fab Design Team girlies have made to inspire you. So come on why not join in with the fun and enter your card/project into our Lots Of Layers challenge we'd love to see you. REMEMBER you must include a stamped element on your card!

This week's sponsor and prize is from Heather Ellis/Marianne Designs.

I look forward to seeing what you create.

Challenges entered:
Creative Inspirations - Lots of Layers
 
Hugs

Janine x

5 comments:

mixamatoasties said...

Fab tag Janine. I don't have any PD stamps. Yet.

Susan xx

Ali said...

Gorgeous - loving the colours you have chosen xxx

Joey said...

Janine I just LOVE this, gorgeous colour combo and that image is beautiful. Joey x

coops said...

so stunning janine.gorgeous pretty image and details and i love your lilac colours ;D

xx coops xx

CraftyNatalie said...

Lovely tag.Thanks for joining in with the lots of layers challenge at Creative inspirations.
CraftyNatalie: DT Member