Thursday 1 May 2014

Sugar Nellie - Candy Pip

Helloooo and good morning! 

Well my lovely hubbie treat me to a few days in York last week to celebrate my birthday, and the weather was glorious -- sunny and warm. I couldn't believe my luck!  We only live about an hour away so I go quite frequently, but we don't usually stay over but on this occasion we did and it was lush.  The hotel was so handy - 5 mins from the Minster and the shops, plus it was so quaint, we even had a 4 poster bed and very creaky floor boards :).  

We had such a wonderful and relaxing time --- but we were exhausted from all the walking and climbing the stairs to our 2nd floor bedroom. I also had a great time stocking up on my crafty goodies, well I had to spend my birthday money didn't I  :-)

Anyhoo, it's my turn to show you one of the many stamps from the Sugar Nellie range over at Funkykits. So here's my DT card for you using rubber stamp  'Candy Pip', isn't she a cutie.  

 Here's What I Did
The gorgeous sunny April weather inspired me to create a fresh and bright card. I used a white 6" x 6" card base, and matted it with both plain purple CS and my patterned paper.  I then die cut 3 circles, the plain and scalloped strips and the flowers. Candy Pip was stamped 3 times, coloured with Copics and fussy cut out. I then added her, the strips to create a little ledge for her to sit on and flower using foam tape to give a little dimension to my card. To finish off  I doodled around the circle, and added some gems and my punched out butterflies.

Here's what I used:
Rubber Stamp: Sugar Nellie 'Candy Pip' available from Funkykits
Paper/Cardstock (CS): , Cream, Purple and Lilac Papermania CS, First Edition 'New Bloom'
Copics: Skin - E0000, E000, E00, E11, R30 / Dress, Shoes, Flowers - V09, V12, V15, V17 / Striped Jumper & Socks - BG10, BG13, BG15 / Flower Centres - Y00, Y17
Dies: Die-namics MFT 'Blueprint 3 & 8', Tonic 'Layering Circles & Scallop Circles'
Other: Serif CraftArtist 2, Mini Butterfly Punch, Copic Black Fineliner Pen, Gems

Let Us know
I'm keen to know if there's anything you'd like to learn or know how to do eg how to emboss, use shrink plastic, make a tag etc. Or is there anything you'd like to see included on the Sugar Nellie blog. If so let me know - either leave me a comment or email me.

Why not visit my lovely design teamies over at Sugar Nellie and check out everyone's sugary creations.  We also have a monthly challenge over at the Sugar Bowl so why not join us - we'd love to see you. The theme for Challenge 115 is 'April Showers Bring May Flowers'. But remember to use a Sugar Nellie stamp.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Challenge Entered:
Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Anything Goes)

Hugs
x Janine x

7 comments:

Ali said...

Awww she's gorgeous - love the papers and colours you have chosen xxx

Sandra H said...

Oh wow Janine your card and image is stunningx

Dotty Jo said...

I love York... and really feel the need to go back again very soon! Fabulous card, I may have to drop by and grab that image. You mentioned shrink plastic, well I'd love to learn a feel skills using what I find to be a very tricky medium! Jo x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Janine, and fabby photos from your stay away, sounds like you had a great time.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Christine L said...

As you know from FB Janine... I LOVE your card... and I'm glad you have a nice time in York. Now.... do tell... where did you find craft shops in the city?? I've given up searching and not come across any apart from Craft Basics in Gillygate!

Hugs
Christine x

coops said...

so stunning janine.gorgeous colour combo and papers and i love the sweet image :D

xx coops xx

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Loving her in purple!! Hugs Juls