Thursday 15 May 2014

Sugar Nellie 'Story Teller'

Good morning sugar fans! 

Can I just say what on earth is going on with this weather? One minute it's a glorious sunny spring day and the next it's like we've been thrown back into winter again. We've had hale, frost and heavy rain and wind - for May this is crazy.

Anyhoo, back to something sweet and summery (or should I say sugary!). It's my turn to show you one of the many stamps from the Sugar Nellie range over at Funkykits or the Etsy store. So here's my DT card for this week - I used a digital stamp this time and she's called 'Story Teller', I just think she's such a sweetie.

To see more Sugar Nellie creations made my lovely teamies why not drop by the Sugar Nellie blog or join our Facebook page (just search for the Official Sugar Nellie Group)

 
Here's What I Did
I made quite a simple CAS card this week. I created the layout using Serif's CraftArtist 2 by inserting the digi image onto my screen page and resized it to fit an 5" x 5" card base and mats. I then added a border, flowers and sentiment. The page was printed onto Neenah cardstock and coloured with Copics. The topper was then matted and layered onto complimentary cardstock, to finish off I added a touch of glitter to her wings.  You could easily achieve a similar looking layout using a Word Processing or a Desktop Publishing software if you wish.
Here's What I Used
Digital Stamp: Sugar Nellie 'Story Teller' available from Funkykits
Paper/Cardstock (CS): , Orange and Lime Papermania CS, Neenah Colouring CS
Copics: Skin - E0000, E000, E00, E11, R30 / Hair - C1, C2, C3, C5, C7, 100 / Dress, Shoes, Flowers - YR00, YR02, YR04 / Mushrooms - E00, E41, E43, E47 / Cricket and Grass - YG11, YG23, YG17, YG67 / Wings - B0000, B000, B00, B00, B0O2, YG1 / Petticoat & Dress Flowers - B000, B00, B02 / Shadow - W1, W3
Other: Serif CraftArtist 2, Glitter, Prisma Pencils, Button, Bakers Twine

Let Me Know
I'm keen to know if there's anything you'd like to learn or know how to do eg how to emboss, use shrink plastic, make a tag etc. Or is there anything you'd like to see included on the Sugar Nellie blog. If so let me know - either leave me a comment or email me.

I have been asked about using Shrink Plastic - so watch this space.

Why not visit my lovely design teamies over at Sugar Nellie and check out everyone's sugary creations.  There's still time to enter this month's challenge over at the Sugar Bowl - the theme is 'April Showers Bring May Flowers'. This will be our last Sugar Bowl challenge for the time being so get your entries in but remember to use a Sugar Nellie stamp. 

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Challenge Entered:
 
Hugs
 
x Janine x

4 comments:

Ali said...

Morning hun - tis a beautiful make - love the image and how you have coloured her - hope the sun shines today need to scrub my patio - rock n roll!!!

Sandra H said...

Simply gorgeous is your card beautifully presented with lots of lovely detail x

coops said...

so gorgeous janine.really sweet image and i love your orange and green combo ;D

xx coops xx

Juls said...

gorgeous, loving the bright colours you have used! Hugs Juls