Sunday 22 June 2014

Mum's Window Card

Hi everyone, because I didn't have a DT card to make this week I thought I would share a card I made for my mum's 75th birthday yesterday.  Happy Birthday Mam x

I was inspired to make this card after seeing a gorgeous one made by a lovely lady called Kitty - her blog can be found here. She has some fantastic cards on her blog together with some brilliant tutorials, it's definitely worth a visit.


Here's What I did
I used a 7" x 7" card base with a pink mat onto the top. The white brickwork was made using an embossing folder and the grass was cut out using my Cricut a few months ago. The window frame and bicycle were cut out from CS using my Silhouette and a few cutting files, I designed the flower box and awning myself which I cut out of white hammered CS and patterned paper. I glued acetate behind the window frame, and raised it above the roller blind which was made using a border punch and then put through a crimper. The tiny flowers were punched out, shaped and glued individually onto die cut branch; I also added a few into the bicycle's basket. To finish off glitter was added to the bicycle seat and handles and a few butterflies were scattered about.

Here's everything I used:
Paper/Cardstock (CS): 7" x 7" Card Base, Papermania - Pink (it's not actually as vivid pink as it looks in my photo), Pastel Pink, Pastel Blue, Green, White Hammered CS
Dies: Tonic Flower Punch, Tonic Border Punch, Woodware Mini Butterfly, Tonic Layering Ovals
Other: Crimper, Glitter, Silhouette, CraftArtist 2, Acetate, Couture Creations 'Brick In The Wall', Embossing folder '

Challenges entered: 
Love To Create Challenge – Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart - Anything Goes
Clear It Out Challenge - Anything Goes
South Girls Challenge - Diecuts/Punches
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes/Pink Day
 
Hugs

Janine x


8 comments:

Fiona said...

gorgeous card Janine...love those wee tiny flowers...so much patience!! Your mam will love it!!

Fi
x

Ali said...

I love this xxx

Chris said...

Wow! This is gorgeous Janine! Love all your fab diecuts, beautiful colour choice and the window box and awning look amazing! Your Mum will treasure this!
Thanks for playing along with the Southern Girls!
Chris
X

Sandra H said...

This is just gorgeous with stunning details xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Absolutely love the scene your created! Thank you for joining our "Anything Goes" Challenge at Love to Create this week.
Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is just gorgeous I love the little scene that you have created the bike looks great and the wall is amazing, hugggles Pops x x x

Edie said...

Your card is oh so lovely and relaxing, Janine! I'm sure it will be well received. We at 613 Avenue Create are pleased you chose to share it with us.

Mom2Two (Jenni) said...

Loving everything about this card!! Love the details and all the texture!! Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out Challenge, best of luck!!