Saturday 27 December 2014

Sweet Stampin' - Anything Goes

Good morning to you all.

I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and had great fun with family and friends. My daughter managed to make it home for Christmas Day - thanks to my hubbie driving all the way to London and back to collect her. The only sad thing is that we had to drive her back again on Boxing Day due to work commitments. But we got to spend some quality time with her, which is the most important thing.

Anyway back to business! It's that time again ---- it's Sweet Stampin' day!!  Our theme this week is 'Anything Goes'. So I thought I would share the Christmas card I made for my hubbie. It's fun and cute - I gave the reindeer a shiny nose and goggley eyes - they're a little wonky so he looks a little merry. Lol!


 

Here's What I did
I used a 7" x 7" white base card on which I matted some patterned paper and card.  I die cut 4 curved shapes from white card using a border die so that they would look like snowy slopes.  All the edges of the cut pieces were coloured with a blue Copic pen, these were then layered up onto a blue background to create a snowy scene. I stamped the reindeer 3 times, coloured him with Copic pens, cut out the necessary sections and then layered them up. I added the reindeer, coloured in Robin and log to the background. The finished picture was matted onto some Kraft and red card stock and added to the card base. To finish off I added die cut stars to the sky, added gogglely eyes, glossy accent to the reindeer's nose and white pen to the scarf and hat.

Here's everything I used:
Stamp: 'Santa's Reindeer'- By HobbyArt
Paper/Cardstock (CS):  Desert Storm Neenah CS, Red, White & Blue Plain CS, Kraft CS,  First Edition 'Nordic Christmas' Paper Pad
Copics: Reindeer & Robin - E33, E35, E37 / Nose, Scarf, Hat, Leg Warmers, Robin's Breast - R14, R27, R59 / Snow - B0000, B000
Dies: Spellbinder 'Curved Border One', Cuttlebug 'Snowflakes'
Other: Sharpie White Pen, Glossy Accent
 
So why not drop by the Sweet Stampin' Challenge blog and check out what my fab Design Team girlies have made to inspire you. So come on why not join in with the fun and enter your card/project into our 'Anything Goes' challenge we'd love to see your entries. REMEMBER you must include a stamped element on your card!  Have fun and good luck.
 
This week's prize sponsor is Crafty Devils Papercraft

I look forward to seeing what you create.
 
Thank you so much for dropping by, why not leave me a message to say hi :)

Challenges entered: 
 
Hugs
 
Janine x

11 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Janine this is just delightfully cute and I love the red trimmings.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a fun card, love it. Great colours too x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Brilliant card, love the fun image and the googly eyes.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Chris said...

Fabulous card Janine! Love that cute reindeer with his googly eyes!
Chris
x

Marilyn said...

I love this card Janine! That silly reindeer with his wacky eyes makes me smile. Fab design too with the snowbanks and stars.

Sandra H said...

So pretty is your card and image l'm looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations xx

An Occasional Genius said...

This is just fab Janine, love his wee googly eyes. Glad you got to spend time with with your daughter, so precious. Hope you are enjoying the Festive Season xx

Christine L said...

Oooh this is fabulous Janine - I'm loving the whole scene type card! And I bet his own eyes were actually a little wonky after he'd done all that driving - but I'm so glad you got to spend a little time with Heather...

Big hugs
Christine x

Juls said...

This is really fun :-) xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Love this card Janine! Especially his wonky eyes, they do make him look a merry chap! Gorgeous card design hun. So glad Heather made it home for Christmas. Happy New Year hunny. Hugs, Wends x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog Janine. I added a link to your box tutorial under my box card. Still LOVE making those! Thanks for the year of inspiration you've given me. Big hugs, Wends xxxx