Tuesday 13 January 2015

Inky Chicks Challenge - Mrs Lovett

Good evening everyone! 

So on this dark Tuesday evening, I hope you're managing ok with all this awful UK weather at the mo - it's just wet, windy and cold. Why not keep snuggled up at home and craft away.  To warm you up I'm here to share my Inky Chicks Design Team card with you, I've used an image from our sponsor this week Alicia Bel. I was lucking enough to have a pick of images from her amazing library of characters. The image I decided on is Mrs Lovett from Sweeny Todd. The reason for my choice is that it reminds me so much of my daughter when she worked at the London Dungeons as an actress - and one of the characters she regularly played was Mrs Lovett.  I've included a fab photo of her in full costume at the bottom holding a pie. Lol x 

So here she is in all her evilness with some delicious finger pies - Mrs Lovett not my daughter...lol.  So the theme this week is --- Anything Goes.





Here's What I did
I used an A5 black card base which I matted and layered complimentary grey patterned card stock. I die cut Mrs Lovett into an oval and coloured her with Copic markers, to add atmosphere I used black pan pastel around her. The finished image was then matted onto a fancy die cut oval and added to my card base over the top of the punched out border.  To finish I added a die cut sentiment, stars and a few sparkly red dots.

Here's everything I used:
Digi Stamp: Alicia Bel 'Mrs Lovett' - you can buy her from here
Paper/Cardstock (CS): Black CS, Hobbycraft 'Monochrome' Paper Pad, Craftwork Cards Digital Super Smooth CS
Copics: Skin - E0000, E000, E00, R20 / Dress - R000, R02, R20, R14, R27, R29, R38 / Hair - C0, C1, C2, C3 ,C5, C7, 100 / Boots - C0, C2, C5 / Pies & Plate - Y000, Y02, Y17, Y38
Punch:  Martha Steward Border Punch, Tonic Star Punch
Dies: Spellbinders Grand Decorative Ovals One, MFT Die-namics 'Blueprint 3'
Other: Black Pan Pastel, Docraft Gems, CraftArtist 2

So why not drop by the Inky Chicks Challenge blog, and check out what my fab Design Team girlies have made with their Alicia Bel characters as well. So come on, why not join in with the fun and enter your card/project into our 'Anything Goes' challenge this week.

This week's sponsor and prize is from Alicia Bel

I look forward to seeing what you create.

Challenges entered: 

Hugs

Janine x

5 comments:

Ali said...

Lovett, Lovett, Lovett - ha ha get it - aah I'll get me coat!! Looks lovely great choice of papers and layout and fantastic colouring as always xx Heather looks fab in costume too xx

Sandra H said...

!Fabulous card!! x

Joey said...

Fantastic card!!! Love this. Jo x

Christine L said...

Woww... a fabbie card Janine... but EEEK to that pie!! What a wonderful pic of Heather.... she's certainly perfect in that outfit and looks every inch the part! One day she'll be so rich and famous in her acting career - and I'll say 'I know her Mum!'!

Big hugs
Christine x

Beckie Williams said...

Another fab job! Your coloring is such an inspiration. Your daughter is awesome in costume!! Thank you for sharing!!