Saturday 16 May 2015

Sugar Nellie - Under The Sea Event

Good morning sugar fans! 
 
I know....I'm here on a Saturday with a Sugar Nellie post!!! It's for a special reason - this weekend Sugar Nellie are releasing 4 mermaid stamps in digital format that were originally only available in rubber. The stamps are available to buy at a promotional price of £2 each - so buy them while you can :) Click here to find them in the Funkykits (Home of Sugar Nellie) store.

Our launch coincides with Alyce's Kit & Clowder 6000th members party this weekend - the theme is 'Under The Sea'. The party starts later on today on their Facebook Group page - click on the logo below. Everyone is welcome - simply search for Kit & Clowder on Facebook and ask to join. Why not check out our mermaid stamps at Funkykits and join in with the fun at K & C - there's lots of prizes on offer.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/kitandclowder/

So to get you into a watery mood, here my Sugar Nellie mermaid card for you today, and I've used one of the 'Under The Sea' digital stamps I mentioned.  Aren't they pretty!


 
 
  
http://www.funkykits.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=91_148&sort=3a&page=6

Here's What I Did
My card base is 7" x 7". I die cut a frame from white card using 2 different sized rectangular dies. The background was created using distressing inks and water splattered randomly into it. and added to it. the inside of the frame along with a die cut glittery floral border.  The mermaids and turtle were coloured with Copics and added the card using foam tape. To finish off I added a few sequins and some glitter to her tail.
Here's What I Used
Stamp: 'Under The Sea' available from Funkykits
Paper/Cardstock (CS): Neenah Colouring CS, Centura Pearl CS, Glitter CS
Copics: Skin - E0000, E000, E00, E11, R30 / Hair - YR0000, YR000, YR00, E13, E99 / Fishtail & Turtle - BG10, BG13, BG15 / Top - V000, V01, V04 / Turtle Shell - E33, E35, E53 / Pearls - Y35
Dies: Tattered Lace 'Autumn Border', Tonic 'Squares'
Other: Glitter, Wink Of Stella 'Clear Glitter' Pen, Sequins, Jelly Star
 
Don't forget if you want to see more Sugar Nellie creations made my lovely teamies why not drop by the Sugar Nellie blog or join our Facebook page (just search for the Official Sugar Nellie Group).
PS
Why not join in with the challenge over at the Sugar Bowl - there's still  time to enter with a great prize up for grabs. The theme this month is 'Anything Goes' so it's really easy. DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE CHALLENGE YOU MUST USE a Sugar Nellie stamp. 
 
I look forward to seeing you soon.

Challenge Entered:
 
Hugs
 
x Janine x

7 comments:

Ali said...

Love it!!!! It looks fab all finished x

Jane said...

Lovin' the mermaid Janine, I've been having a bit of a fishy-fest of late & my mermaids have been redheads too!
Great card.

Beckie Williams said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE ....

Larisa said...

This is such a fun card.

Christine L said...

An absolutely wonderful card Janine.... I so love how you created that perfect background for her... you used fabulous shades - and the water droplets on it too.. just right for under the water! And then your mermaid.... just stunning! Love it all!

Hugs
Christine x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh this is GORGEOUS Janine! I love these mermaids. I have the original rubber set, all of them, but I might just HAVE to get the digital too, as I do love to resize in digital. Gorgeous card design, love the seaweed and wee seastar. Fab finish with the sequins too. Hugs, Wends x

Kat W said...

Oh, this mermaid is adorable..especially with her little turtle friend...and I love her sparkly tail!
The background is gorgeous, the sequins are a fab touch :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx