Tuesday 26 May 2015

Tiddly Inks - Challenge Card #158

Hello and good morning everyone -----

If you live in the UK I hope you all had a fabulous Bank Holiday weekend - I've literally crafted all week :)

So, onto my Design Team card for the Tiddly Inks Challenge #158, our theme this week is 'Just Easel-y'. Simply make an easel card using a Tiddly Inks stamp; there's so many gorgeous images in the shop to choose from, you'll be spoilt for choice. Make sure you also check out our blog and Facebook page for inspiration from the fab DT.  Plus there's lots of inspiration on Pinterest and You Tube  videos if you need help to make an easel card. Alternatively if you can message me I can send you some info.

So for my easel card I used the digital stamp set 'Beach Bonanza', which includes Wryn, umbrella, sentiment, sandcastle, shells, crab and crab & bucket. However you can buy the Wryn Beach Babe and the Wryn Beach Accessories separately if you wish. There is also a clear stamp set available to buy, if you prefer. 

 


 
Here's What I Did
There are quite a few steps to my card - so here's goes!

Firstly I printed the sentiment and shells directly onto my Kraft card and attached it my pre-made easel card base. Next I die cut a circle, cloud border and some waves from coloured card, plus a few sand dunes from Kraft card. Using my die cut clouds I created a sky on the white circle using blue distressing ink. I hand cut some blue card to represent the water and added some blue and white pencil marks to represent the surf, this was then attached to the blue and white die cut waves. The waves and the dunes were all added to the card front.

To make the stopper I die cut another sand dune wave from Kraft card, edged it with distressing ink and glued it to a folded strip of the same card to make it stand up. The stopper was then attached to the base at the point I wanted my easel to stand up.

Wryn and all her beach accessories were coloured with Copic pens and finished off with pencils. All the coloured images were then fussy cut out and attached to the card base. A clear glitter pen was used on some of the shells and flower centres. To finish off I added glossy accents and a couple of tiny ribbons to Wryn's hair.

Here's what I UsedDigital Image: Beach Bonanza Tiddly Inks
Copics: Skin - E000, E00, E11, R20, R30 / Hair - YR0000, YR000, YR00, E13, E15, E99 /  Towel - B0000, B000, B02, B05, RV00, RV02  / Swimming Costume, Sandals & Crabs - R20, R22, R29, R32,  / Daisies & Bag - Y00, Y02, Y06, Y35 / Daisy Centres - RV00, RV02, RV14 / Parasol - Y00, Y02, Y06, Y35, RV00, RV02, RV14, C2 / Bucket - B0000, B000, B02, B05 / Sandcastle - YR000, YR20, YR61, E13, RV00, RV02, RV14, B0000, B000, B02, Y00, Y02, YR35, BG10, BG13 / Sea Shells - Y00, Y02, Y35, BG10, BG13,  B0000, B000, B02, B05, RV00, RV02, RV14
Cardstock (CS): Kraft, White, Blue
Dies: Lawn Fawn 'Stitched Hillside' Borders, XCut 'Build A Scene - Nautical', Tonic Layering 'Circles', Taylored Expression 'Cloud Border'
Other: Prisma Pencils, Distressing Inks, White Gel Pen, Wink Of Stella 'Clear Glitter', Glossy Accents, Bakers Twine, CraftArtist2

I hope you'll drop by the Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog to take a peek at what the other lovely Design Team ladies have come up with. I look forward to seeing what you make :)

Click on the logo below:-
http://tiddlyinkschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
 Hugs
 
Janine
xxx

4 comments:

Ali said...

Only one word to say... WOW!!!

Larissa said...

Such a lovely card Janine. All the details are amazing.

JanR said...

So cute! I love the shape and the stitched sand looks awesome.

Kat W said...

I had a lovely bank holiday with plenty of crafting and some time outside in the sunshine too - perfect :-)

Wryn looks like she is having a wonderful time at the beach and your easel design is super :-) Amazing colouring too!

Big hugs, Kat xx