Friday 5 June 2015

Tiddly inks - Fabulous Friday

Hello and good morning everyone -----

Here is my Design Team card for Fabulous Friday over at Tiddly Inks. The gorgeous digital image I used this week is called Poppy Pixie, isn't she the cutest thing ever.  The making of this card coincided with one of my oldest friend's birthday (we've known each other for over 30 years), so this is actually her birthday card as well as my DT card......and she loved it.

To really show off Christy's fabulous drawing I decided to create a CAS card and only use a few colours for the flowers as I wanted to keep a soft and gently look. FYI There are more pixies with flowers in the Tiddly Ink store - why not check them out.


 
 

Here's What I Did
I used an A5 scalloped card base which I matted and layered with lilac card. The image and sentiment/layout was printed directly onto watercolour card using my software. The image was then water coloured with Derwent Inktense pencils. To finish off I added a touch of glitter and a sprinkling of sequins.

Here's what I Used
Digital ImagePoppy Pixie by Tiddly Inks
Inktense Pencils: Skin - Baked Earth, Saddle Brown, Cadmium Pink / Hair - Saddle Brown / Dress- Tangerine, Poppy Red / Leaves - Apple Green, Spring Green /  Daisies - Red Violet, Iris Blue, Cadmium Yellow / Lavender - Fuchsia / Poppies & Small Bell flowers - Cadmium Yellow, Golden Yellow, Cadmium Orange, Tangerine / Ladybird (Bug) -  Poppy Red / butterflies - Tangerine, Iris Blue, Poppy Red / Fluffy Flowers - Tangerine / Background - Tumbled Glass (Distressing Ink)
Paper/Card (CS): White Scalloped Card Base, Lilac CS, Watercolour CS
Other: Serif CA2, Sequins, Glitter, 'Clear' Wink Of Stella Pen

Why not pop over to Tiddly Inks to see what my other fab teamies have created for you today -- click on the logo below:
 
http://www.tiddlyinkschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
Hugs

Janine
xxx 

4 comments:

Kat W said...

Oh, how gorgeously pretty this card is, you nailed the soft and gentle look you were after :-)
This image is going straight on my wish list after you have showcased it so beautifully...love the touches of sparkle!

Big hugs, Kat xx

Squirrel x said...

I'm with Kat on this one hun, she is gorgeous! Love your soft colours, so beautifully done, and that is such a pretty image. Perfect layout too, love love love! Hugs xx

JanR said...

Of course she loved it, it's super sweet! The cas design is lovely.

Christine L said...

Well, I'm back from my hollibobs properly now (washing and ironing all done!) and I'm trying to catch up on what I've missed - a mammoth task!

Now this card of yours is beautiful....... such soft colouring and fabulous design - I'm sure your friend will treasure it as it's made specially for her.....

And then I scrolled back......... all I can say is WOWWWWWWWW hon.... your colouring really is so fabulous..... and the wonderful beach scene....... well my jaw almost hit the floor!!! I was planning on using Wryn on the Beach this week.... but I may well have to buy the whole beach scene too now!! LOL

Big hugs
Christine x