Tuesday 11 August 2015

Handmade Bliss Inspiration Card - Smarty Cat

-- Good morning everyone --
 
Hellooo, I'm here again showcasing one of my card using some of the many products you can find in the Handmade bliss store - check out the link below.

This week I decided to play with this gorgeous little character from Stamping Bella, it's called 'Smarty Cat'....don't you just love the glasses lol. I made her into a purrfect girly cat but you could quite easily made her into a Tom. All the Stamping Bella stamps are pre-mounted and stamps beautifully and cleanly.  



 
 
If you click on the link further down it will take you straight to the stamp. But why not check out
 the rest of the Stamping Bella collection and all the other fabulous American stamps and dies by click on the logo below.. 
 
http://www.handmadebliss.co.uk/home/4588338105
 
 Here's What I Did
I used a 5" x 5" scalloped card base which I matted with some blue card and patterned paper.  I stamped my images and the sentiment onto some white colouring card, and then using a Copic Fineliner pen I joined the ball of wool to the sentiment.  The scene was then die cut into a circle along with a blue mat. I coloured the image with Copic pens and added a little distressing ink for the sky. A border strip was made from blue card using a punch and die and this was attached to the card base along with the coloured topper.

To finish off I added a stamped out tag, glossy accents to the cat's glasses and a few pearls at the bottom of the card.
 
Here's What I Used
 
Other items used are from my crafty stash:
White 5" x 5" scalloped card base, Crealies XXL 'Stitched Circle' die, LOTV paper pad and tag stamp, Copic pens, pearls, distressing Inks, Bakers Twine, Glossy Accents, Copic fineliner pen.

If you would like to know more about the products or Copics pens colours I used please leave me a message in your comment, and I will get back to you. Make sure you include your email address in your message.
 
Don't forget our challenge
The theme this month is easy peasy, it's 'Anything Goes', just make a card using one or more of the products in the shop (you don't need to have bought it from there either). So come on and join in, we'd love to see you. To enter go to our blog here.

I can't wait to see your makes! And oh yes, why not leave me a message :)
 
Hugs
 
Janine x

5 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Oh hun, I absolutely LOVE this! Love love love it. Hugs xx

Christine L said...

Fabulous! It's so Cath Kidson looking too!

Big hugs
Christine x

Marilyn said...

This is a great image and not sure why, but I don't recall ever seeing this image before. Really strange because I am a mega Bella fan so I don't know how I missed it.
Pretty papers and I like the sky and grass background too. Now I must go add this to my 'gotta have' list.

Beckie Williams said...

This is so darn cute ... love love love

Kat W said...

Absolutely adorable and full of fun...I was talking about the card but it applies to the kitty too I'm sure! The tag tied round the cat's neck is such a fab idea :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx