Thursday 23 June 2016

Crafter's Companion 'Inspirers' Design Team

Heeeellllloooo everyone

Well I'm here today to share my 1st Crafter's Companion project with you as part of the 'Inspirers' Design Team. Yay!!! I'm so excited - I hope you like it :)


In light of Glastonbury (or as I called it the other day...Glasonberry!) starting this week I created a 'Summer Music Festival' card using Sheena Douglas's fabulous A Little Bit Sketchy 'Rock' stamp collection. This collection is just perfect especially for the musician, music enthusiast or simply the rocker in the family - you can find the whole collection and more here




Here's What I Did
Firstly I matted and layered coloured card onto a 7" x 7" card blank. The silhouette of the band, circles, star bursts and sentiment were stamped directly onto patterned paper in black ink. Distressing ink was added around the edge of the paper then attached to the card front. Clear glitter was added to the circles and star bursts.

The applauding hands were stamped several times in different coloured inks and fussy cut out, these were then attached to the bottom section of the card using foam pads. The last layer of hands was raised up on double foam pads to add extra dimension.

Here's What I Used
Stamp: Sheena Douglass A Little Bit Sketchy Stamp Sets - 'Grunge Band' and 'Shout!'
Paper/Cardstock (CS): Neenah Colouring Card - A4 Solar White,  Matt Black Card
Other: 7" x 7" White Card Blank, Purple Card, Coloured Inks, Distressing Inks, Clear Glitter, Patterned Paper (my own design),

Don't forget....if you want to see more Crafter's Companion creations made my lovely teamies why not join our Facebook page (just search for Crafter's Companion UK or Crafters' Companion Inspiration Magazine group), and we also have a Pinterest Board. so why not follow us.

I look forward to seeing you soon. Why not leave me a message so I know who's out there - I'd love to hear from you!!

Challenge Entered:

Hugs & kisses

x Janine x

3 comments:

Christine L said...

Love what you did here Janine...... such gorgeous bright colours around that fabulous silhouette... those were the days when I could go watch rock bands!! LOL

Hugs
Christine x

An Occasional Genius said...

Wowee Janine, I love this fabulous bright & bold creation! It's fantastic xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Utterly fabulous Janine! Love the psychedelic colours and those fab glittery spot-light-burst circles. Love the moshing crowd too, so clever and looks so effective! Awesome creation hun. Congrats again on making the Crafter's Companion team, so exciting. Hugs, Wends x