Tuesday 15 November 2016

Crafter's Inspiration Magazine Kit - November Issue #12 (1)

Good morning everyone :)

Hi there, welcome to my 1st Crafter's Companion project using the freebies from Crafter's Inspiration Magazine Kit - Issue #12 (November). I absolutely love all the Christmas freebies in the kit especially the CD.  The CD contain images, papers and toppers available in different formats eg  JPG, PDF sheets (which can be printed and fussy cut out) and in a digital format (PNG) which can be used in a graphics program eg Serif CraftArtist, Photoshop etc. These images can be layered up to create your own toppers and backgrounds.

So for my project I used the digital content from the 'Deck The Halls' collection to create my own Christmas card topper, which I matted and layered onto a card base and then added glitter. Hope you like it. :) Digitally created cards are brilliant to batch make at Christmas time plus they'll save on your postage.

A description of how I made it and all the products used are shown just below the photos. :)




Here's What I Did
First I matted my  7" x 7" card blank with teal coloured card. Next I opened my graphics program (CraftArtist 2), then I put my Crafter's Inspiration CD into the computer drawer and waited for it to load. From the pop up screen I clicked onto Papers, then from the fabulous options I selected 'Deck The Halls' collection and opened (double clicked) the folder called 'Individual Elements' which essentially is a digi kit to create my card. All the elements in the folder are in a PNG format which means they have a transparent background which allows you to lay the images onto top of each other to create scenes. In my case I created a 6" x 6" Christmas card topper. To give the illusion of depth I added a shadow to each of the elements.

When I completed my card design I printed it onto super smooth paper, then matted and layered it onto mirror card and it added to the 7" x7" card blank using foam pads. To finish off I added glitter and a few gems.

Tip: You could create a similar looking card by using the PDF sheets from any of the collections, and fussy cutting the elements out then layering them using foam pads or 3D glue gel.

Here's What I Used
Crafter's Companion: Crafter's Inspiration Magazine Kit - Issue #12
 (Used 'Deck the Halls ' Collection Digital Elements)

Other: 7" x 7" Card Blank, Teal Card, Super Smooth Printer Paper, Gold Mirror Card, Gems, Clear & Gold Glitter, Serif CraftArtist 2, Computer

Don't forget....if you want to see more Crafter's Companion creations made my lovely teamies why not join our Facebook page - just search for Crafter's Companion UK or USA, and for more magazine inspiration definitely checked out the Crafters' Companion Inspiration Magazine group. Just a little heads up...we are also on Twitter, Instagram and have a Pinterest Board, so why not follow us.
I look forward to seeing you soon. Why not leave me a message so I know who's out there or if you have any questions about the products, or even how to use them digitally I'd love to hear from you :)

Challenge Entered:

Hugs & kisses

x Janine x

2 comments:

Christine L said...

Loving this fabulous Christmas card Janine!

Christine x

Sandra H said...

Beautiful is your card! xx