Sunday 1 January 2017

Crafter's Companion 'Inspirers' Design Team - Winter House Project

Good morning everyone

Well I'm here today to share another one of my Crafter's Companion Design Team project with you. I've again used the 'Country Cottage' template...yep the same one I used for the Halloween House.


I had such a blast making this one. All the little features on the house have been made using Crafter's Companion products. In the 2nd photo I have placed a battery operated tealight inside and it glows beautifully through the door and windows. I have to admit by the end of creating this I was absolutely covered from head to toe in glitter and snow...and sparkled beautifully. Lol


UPDATE - I've just checked the Crafters' Companion store and unfortunately the house template has just sold out...sorry!
 
 
Photo with the tealight on
 
Here's What I Did

(The instructions are very detailed so I've broken them down into sections - I hope this helps!)
 
House Template: I drew around all the template sections (inc house, roof and chimney) onto 2 sheets of strong 12" x 12" white card. All the sections were then cut out and scored were indicated.

Walls: I drew around the house template again onto white card and cut up the house sides to create separate panels - 2 x sides, 1 x front, 1 x back. Next I die cut a rectangular* opening large enough to so that the window die could be place over it when it was time. When both side windows were cut out I placed the relevant sides of the house template and carefully marked with a pencil (make sure you mark which side goes where, so they line up correctly later).  The back wall has no window. For the front panel, I die cut a circle into the white card and again placed this on top of the house template and marked it with a pencil, this was also done for the oval window ready for the door to be added. All the panels were then dry embossed and distressing inks was added. I glued white vellum behind the windows.  

House: This was the tricky part as the house way too large for an A4 embossing machines and meant a lot of folding which is why I used good cardstock. So to cut out each of the windows I taped the relevant die in place (I did one window/door at a time) where I marked earlier, then folded the house sides over the top of the die and cut it. The reason I folded the sides over the top of the die was so I didn't accidently cut into places I didn't want to. I repeated the process for the windows, door and window in the door.

Door: I cut a rectangle from white card and a slightly smaller one from blue card, I cut an oval in blue in exactly the same place. I dry embossed the blue door using an embossing folder, a piece of white vellum was sandwiched and glued between the white and blue card. To embellish the door a pink heart, letterbox and a door knob was added to it. The whole door was then glued onto the front of the house.

Windows: I die cut 2 window frames and a 2 circle frame from white card, and then glued strips of thin card across the circular ones to match the others. These were all glued in place onto the front and 2 side wall panels and the door. The house template was then glued together.

Roof: The roof was scored, and a hole was cut into one side to accommodate the chimney, then glued together. The roof was covered with sheets of white foam and faux snow ands glitter was glue on top.

House Base: I matted a piece of white card 7¼" x 8¼" and covered with a piece of white foam and faux snow ands glitter was glue on top, I die cut lots of fence panels from strong white card which I attached to the base, and left one open to create a gate.

Tip: * To make the fence stand upright, score along the bottom section of the panel depending how high you want it, and fold it and glue into place.

Embellishments: I die cut a Christmas Tree 3 times from strong white card and added blue distressing ink. To make it free standing - I scored each piece down the centre, glued them all together and added glitter to the branches. To make the house glow I place a battery operated tea light inside. To add smoke to the chimney I used toy filling. The reindeer and sleigh were die cut from silver glitter card and added to the back of the roof using strong acetate. To complete the house I printed off a 'Santa Lives here' sign and die cut it into a circle and then added post from strong white card. I cut strip of the same foam used on the roof and ground, then cut points into the strips to create icicles, these were finished off by adding snow and glitter.

Here's What I Used
Crafter's Companion Products Used: Crafter's Companion Country Cottage Decorative Template (this has just sold out -- sorry!), Signature Collection Contemporary Christmas 'Stylish Tree' and 'At Christmas Time'Sara Signature English Country Garden Collection 'Cottage Window', Signature Collection Autumn Morning 'Picket Fence', Die'sire Essentials 'Ovals'Crafter's Companion Printable Vellum, Crafter's Companion Acetate, Crafter's Companion Textures Embossing Folder 'Dry Stone Wall', Sheena Douglas Stamping Card, Diamond Press 'Love Today' Stamp & Die set, Gemini Die Cutting Machine, Crafter's Companion Luxury Cardstock Pack - Silver, Collall All Purpose Glue, Collall Tacky Glue

Other: Colour Cloud 'Summer Sky', A3 White Card, Rectangle Die, Battery Tea Light, Manual Die cutting Machine, Toy Stuffing, Silver Thread, Pink and Blue Cardstock, Faux Snow, Brad, Foam, Glitter

Tip: Toy packing makes excellent an smoke effect - just scrunch and mould it to make it look more realistic.

Don't forget....if you want to see more Crafter's Companion creations made my lovely teamies why not join our Facebook page - just search for Crafter's Companion UK or USA, and for more magazine inspiration definitely checked out the Crafters' Companion Inspiration Magazine group.

Just a little heads up...we are also on Twitter, Instagram and have a Pinterest Board, so why not follow us.I look forward to seeing you soon. Why not leave me a message so I know who's out there or if you have any questions about the products - I'd love to hear from you :)

I look forward to seeing you soon. Why not leave me a message so I know who's out there - I'd love to hear from you!!

Challenge Entered:

Hugs & kisses

x Janine x

1 comment:

Ali said...

Love this!!!! Happy New year hun xxx