Friday 17 March 2017

Crafter's Companion 'Inspirers' Design Team Project #1

Good morning everyone

Well I'm here today to share the 1st of my March Crafter's Companion Design Team projects with you. Today I'm showing off one of the new stamps from Sheena Douglass's new range Temptingly Tropical. This particular stamp set is called 'Love Birds' surprisingly enough :)
Aren't they just the sweetest things, personally I think they would be great for an anniversary or simply to 'say I' love you'.  

I used Spectrum Noir Colourblend pencils on this cute twosome along with a little distressing ink for the background. This is a big stamp as are the rest of the new launch stamps from Sheena, so great value for money and definitely worth checking out. Thanks for looking 💚




 
Here's What I Did
I used an A5 card blank which I matted with green card, then die cut flourishes from glitter card which I added to each corner.  Next the image and sentiment were stamped directly onto white colouring card, and again onto a post-it note which was carefully cut out to create a mask.  Using the mask over the birds and branch the cloud effect was created using a die cut cloud border and blue distressing ink.

Using a photo for reference the birds were coloured using pencils once the sky was dry.  After punching the corners of the completed picture it was matted and layered onto dark green card, and then added to the card base using foam tape. To finish off I added a few gems to the flourished corners.

Here's What I Used
Crafter's Companion Products: Sheena Douglass Temptingly Tropical 'Love Birds', Sara Signature Collection - Butterfly Lullaby 'Fancy Flourishes', Spectrum Noir Colourblend Pencils (Saddle Brown, Russet, Avocado, Ivy, Shamrock, Peacock Green, Amazon Green, Pear Green, Daffodil, Bumblebee, Daisy, Honey, Saffron, Tangerine, Poppy, Seal Grey, Denim Blue)

Other: Green Card, Green Glitter Card, Gems, Cloud Template, Tumbled Glass Distressing Ink, Corner Rounder

Don't forget....if you want to see more Crafter's Companion creations made my lovely teamies why not join our Facebook page - just search for Crafter's Companion UK or USA, and for more magazine inspiration definitely checked out the Crafters' Companion Inspiration Magazine group.

Just a little heads up...we are also on Twitter, Instagram and have a Pinterest Board, so why not follow us.I look forward to seeing you soon. Why not leave me a message so I know who's out there or if you have any questions about the products - I'd love to hear from you :)

I look forward to seeing you soon. Why not leave me a message so I know who's out there - I'd love to hear from you!!

Challenge Entered:

Hugs & kisses

x Janine x

5 comments:

Juls said...

Gorgeous xx

Ali said...

WOW!! your colouring is fantastic xxx

coops said...

Wow so stunning Janine.I love the sweet love birds and your colouring is fantastic ;D

xx coops xx

julie_woolston said...

Gorgeous Janine love this sweet image.
Hugs Julie xxx

Marilyn said...

Wow Janine, you really rocked this card. Love the clouds and your colouring of those pretty birds is spectacular.