Tuesday 13 March 2018

Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Post - Wk 3

Hi there, and good morning to you all 💜

Today it's my turn to share another little Whimsy wonderfulness with you, this time with one of the new release rubber stamps.  One of my favourite things to colour has to be fairies, so you can imagine my joy at colouring this little beauty in - the stamp is called 'Make A Wish' by Marina Fedotova. I used my happy colour 'orange' as the colour scheme. I love using orange and yellow as they brighten my day, which is brilliant atm as the days in the UK have been so grey and miserable lately. So here's to spring, and here's to the sunshine. :) My crafty friend recently said orange was like ‘sunshine and happiness bottled’...and I totally agree with her (thanks Wends).

The Whimsy Creative Team have all been sharing a little bit about themselves on the Whimsy blog - so if you'd like to know about me just check it out my bio here.

All the links to the Whimsy products can be seen below. I hope you like it.




Here's What I Did
This is a really easy card to reproduce as the stamp and dies do all the work.

I covered a 6" x 6" card blank with some pretty patterned paper, then covered it with a square trellis die cut from orange card.

The fairy and bunny were stamped onto colouring card stock and hand coloured with Copic pens. I add dots in varying sizes around the bunny and fairy using the same colours used in her dress. Crystal glitter was added to the wings of the fairy and around her wand.  The images was then die cut into a rounded square and mounted onto a slightly larger square cut from pale orange cardstock, Both squares were attached to the card front using foam pads to add dimension.

To complete the card, die cut banners were cut down and added to the card front then topped with pearls.

Here's What I Used
Rubber Stamp: 'Make A Wish'

Other:
6" x 6" Card Blank, Neenah Card, Orange Card, Pale Orange Card, Square Rounded Corner Dies (Tattered Lace), Trellis Square Die (Tonic),  'One Birdie Lane' Paper Pad (LOTV),
Crystal Glitter, Pearls, Copic Pens, Banner Dies (Lawn Fawn)

Copics: Skin - E0000, E000, E00, E11, R30 / Hair - YR0000, YR000, YR00, E13, E99 / Dress, Leggings, Shoes - Y17, Y28, Y38, YR07, YR15, YR31 / Wands & Dots - Y02, Y35 / Background Dots & Wings - Y00, Y02, Y35 / Bunnies - W1, E31, E33, E35 / Ground - W0, W1

Why not, follow us on Facebook group, Pinterest, Instagram or on our Blog we'd loved to see you.

I'll see you all on the 15th March with my challenge card, so TTFN

Thank you so much for dropping by, don't forget to say hi :)

Challenges entered:

Hugs

x Janine x

1 comment:

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Swoon, this is so dreamy Janine. I LOVE the fairy image, your gorgeous tangerine dream colouring and the magical spotty dots around that sweet pair. LOVE this fabulous creation. Not at all surprised a magazine wanted to feature this!! Yay my talented friend. Hugs, Wends xoxo